What is Health and Recovery Plan (HARP)?
HARPs are specialized Medicaid Managed Care Plans. These plans are designed for people with more extensive or ongoing mental health and/or substance abuse conditions. HARPs have all the same services and benefits of “mainstream” Medicaid plans. These plans aim to help with recovery and wellness in the community through Home and Community Based Services (HCBS).
What do Health and Recovery Plans do?
- HARPs manage the Medicaid services for people who need them.
- HARPs also manage an enhanced benefit package of Home and Community Based Services (HCBS).
- HARPs offer enhanced care management for members to help them plan all their health needs, and non-Medicaid support needs.
Who is eligible for HARP?
- Must be 21 or older.
- Be insured only by Medicaid and be eligible for Medicaid managed care.
- People who are eligible may get a letter in the mail from New York State or New York Medicaid Choice.